What is an illustration essay?
An illustration essay is also called exemplification paper. It means an author must summarize empirical information and embody its definition. It’s not a discovery of something brand-new, merely an outline of experiences by providing vivid examples that clarify the problem.
What is an illustration essay?
The purpose of an illustration essay is to seek out constructive relationships between components of a piece or many works with the aim, ultimately, of presenting and confirming a thought on a selected topic.
In alternative words, once you study the subject, you’ll look for connections which will build a sequence of convincing proof of a selected point of view on the topic.
Illustration Essay Rewriting
The purpose of the illustration essay is to describe a particular subject or event and provide examples that would support your opinion. This paper should demonstrate the relationship of objects under research. However, it’s not a persuasive essay that has to convince readers of the correctness of your idea. An illustrative essay only interprets the problem by providing the data that helps imagine and believe that a certain issue exists. This task requires you to dive deep into the topic and present credible information, so you can ask an experienced writer to “write my essay.” They’ll quickly find the necessary data and provide you with a meaningful illustration essay.
When writing an illustration essay, you don’t have to focus on the most intriguing facts to impress a reader. For example, if the topic’s subject is gender inequality, you can provide last year’s statistics data that demonstrates the gender pay gap. Presenting supporting details will help the reader imagine and understand the situation. Of course, providing examples isn’t your only task – you’ll have to explain your findings and how they relate to the topic. Every argumentative detail, statistics data, or the description of someone’s experience should be supported by logical conclusions.
Illustration essay outline
Illustration essay consists of three main parts: introduction, body, and conclusion. Each one is critical to writing a definite article or a compelling argument. So this is how to write an illustration essay outline.
The total normative volume of the essay is 2-3 pages of typewriting;
Competent compositional construction, logic, clarity of structure (introduction, main part, conclusion) are required;
The introduction outlines the relevance of the chosen topic, key concepts and terms used.
The main part consists of 3 – 7 paragraphs-abstracts, which outline the basic facts and arguments, examples, illustrations, personal judgments.
The output by volume is similar to the introduction. It summarizes, generalizes, if necessary briefly repeats the main idea stated in the main part, shows promising connections with the future or the absence of such.
The conclusion should be brief and based on the main point. It may be related to the introduction (for example, to answer the question at the beginning of the essay). Avoid excessive generalizations.
The essay sections and the abstracts of the main part should have a logical connection with each other.
Illustration essay topics
Here are some good illustration essay topics with which you can try your skills or get a high grade:
- Prove or refute, based on the experience of state and law-making in the slave-owning and feudal countries, the position that the social essence of the state in the age of caste society remained unchanged.
- Prove or refute, based on the historical state-and-law experience in the slave-owning and feudal countries, that the social nature of law has not changed in the caste-society era: law by its nature has remained a “right-privilege.”
- Prove or refute the assertion that the appeal to Roman law as a source of law in the Middle Ages (reciprocal Roman law) was objectively conditioned.
- Prove or refute the claim that the geographical factor played an important role in the history of the emergence of state organization in the countries of ancient civilizations.
- Prove or refute the claim that the sources of Muslim law are hierarchical.
- Prove or refute the assertion that the essence of the functions of the state of the Middle Ages in comparison with the states of the ancient world has not changed.
- Prove or refute, based on the experience of state-building of the countries of Western civilization, the assertion that the bourgeois state has acquired a feature of the state of a new historical type in comparison with the states of the caste-society.
- Prove or refute, based on the experience of lawmaking in the countries of Western civilization, the assertion that bourgeois law has acquired the features of a right of a new historical type in comparison with the law of the caste society.
Illustration essay tips
Creating an illustration essay refers to the most accessible types of work on texts and requires only logical organization and good command of the language. Often, such an illustration essay does not have formally distinguishable parts.
- Think about the structure and content of the essay before you start writing it. Think about whether you understood the task (topic) correctly? Make a short outline of the essay. The easiest way to do this is to ask yourself some illustration essay questions. Then, distribute future abstracts by their importance.
- Avoid common words and false emotions. Accepted words (except for common ones) are not allowed. The individuality of the presentation is achieved by the examples involved, by comparison.
- The content of an illustration essay should contain only the information that is needed to reveal your position and ideas. Show the ability to see the problem(s) in this phenomenon.
- All statements should be substantiated and illustrated with examples (first of all, references to norms of law, articles of normative legal acts, legal acts when talking about law topic for an illustration essay).
- Do not accept the chronological order of events for a cause and effect relationship.
- Do not be afraid to express your opinion, but do not overdo with it. Excessive use of such phrases as: “I think”, “in my opinion”, “in my mind” – is not welcomed.
- Avoid false analogies that ignore significant contradictions when comparing facts / processes.
- Clearly formulate one main question in each thesis, and, while filling in the content of the main part, limit yourself within each thesis to the consideration of this one main idea.
An important achievement of an illustration essay is the proper placement of accents. One of the first points is to explain the causes of an event / process. Others – stages of development, types, structure of the phenomenon / institute, characterized by its advantages and disadvantages, historical significance.
When quoting, always quote the text in quotation marks and give the exact reference to the source (including the article number of the regulatory act and so on).
When comparing two different sides, it is necessary to show all the main points of similarity and difference of the compared subjects. And the comparison should meet the requirements:
- be systematic (it should be clearly stated which features are comparable);
- contain logic and consistency (misrepresentation of the features, qualities, features of one phenomenon, and then another without the logical linking of the first and second “sections”, any general conclusions and even more introductory explanation);
- strive to completeness.
Do not forget about the chronological / temporal aspect of comparison (which phenomenon appeared earlier, later, etc.).
Achieving the maximum amount of points is facilitated by the coverage of different points of view presented in science, originality of thinking and breadth of erudition in these matters.
An illustration essay can be more complex, being, as in the following example, a description of the process, as well as addressing related problems, offering the reader not only a picture but also information for reflection.
In form, this text is also an essay instruction. Here it no longer has the form of a single text but is divided into parts, according to the rules for writing similar texts.
Abstract. The alcohol problem in Russia is a serious and painful issue, a problem that has not yet been resolved. However, jokes about drunkenness and drunkards are one of the stable elements of the Russian-speaking national culture.
Introduction. “Russia is the merry of “pity” (drinking), we cannot exist without it. These legendary words of the Grand Duke of Kyiv Vladimir Red Sun were heard in 986 when he refused to accept Mohammedanism as the state religion.
This alone rehabilitates alcohol in the minds of modern Russians – he saved us from the veil, the obligation to wear a beard and a day off on Friday instead of Sunday. Thanks to him, we laugh at numerous jokes, comedians and satirists do not run out of inspiration, ordinary people have something to talk about on Monday. There is something to keep warm from the cold, relieve an attack of black melancholy, get rid of shyness for a while and finally say what you wanted.
The problem, however, is to correctly determine what, when, where, with whom, and for what “to drink,” as well as what to eat. Without claiming to cover this issue entirely, we offer you a guide on working with alcoholic drinks for beginners.
Description of the process (main part). There is a stereotypical idea that all Russians, regardless of gender and age, drink vodka. Like any other stereotype, it carries only a fraction of the truth.
On the one hand, there are quite a few people (statistics say that 23 percent of the population that is 15 and older, plus infants and children) who do not drink alcohol at all. On the other hand, there is a rather vast, but not counted, layer that adheres to the antifreeze, and window cleaning fluid.
The public will learn about these gourmets, how to put it mildly, after the fact. In any case, having visited the corresponding department of a large supermarket or a specialty store, the newcomer understands that even a seasoned alcoholic may be confused by the wealth of choice.
It should be remembered that there is a simple procedure for choosing from 5 stages:
Stage one: goal setting. What do you want – to revitalize a friendly conversation, to please your mushroom-shaped, leaf-shaped and grooved taste buds, to show a woman the seriousness of your intentions, to disconnect from reality, to provide a solid (liquid) basis for watching an important football match? Having decided on this, we proceed further.
Stage Two: the calculation of material resources. How much money do you have? Are you ready to spend them on a product that does not bring you proteins, fats, and vitamins? Maybe it’s better to go to the juice and soft drinks department? These are serious issues requiring a thoughtful approach.
Stage Three: Decision Making. The most painful stage. Here is a shelf with wines, say, red dry (option for friends and papillae). French? Spanish? Italian? Moldavian? Here the reception “call a friend” or even “a month out of the fog” can help. In the end, you can take two different bottles if stage two is successful.
Stage four: necessary equipment. Negligence at this stage can significantly spoil the process so gloriously begun. Do you have an opener and a corkscrew? Do you know how to use them, and if not, can you invite a specialist who will open the container without damaging it?
It is also necessary to provide the required number of glasses of appropriate shape and volume. You can, of course, use disposable plastic cups, but this is not suitable for some cases (for example, when offering a hand and heart), besides, they break, easily tip over, are too small for some types of drinks, and too large for others. Our advice: entering the path of “drinking,” provide yourself with the necessary technical minimum.
Step Five: resource allocation. It is imperative to pour the drink so that no one has the impression that they cheated. This requires a steady hand, knowledge of applied psychology, and proficiency in mild hypnosis. It is best for novice spillers to pour half or even a third of the glass to all while saying with a smart look that this drink requires air.
Stage Six. At this stage, it is important not to cross the imaginative “line”, which is defined as “drinking (within one or several days) a large number of alcoholic beverages, leading to severe intoxication and a painful physical and mental condition”. It should not be forgotten that in the aphorism from Vladimir the Red Sun the main word is still not “drink”, but “fun”.
In this illustration essay, the central part smoothly goes into conclusion. This connection is emphasized with the help of ring repetition (the reader in the last line refers to the initial thesis of the introduction).
An illustration essay is a type of written work used to provide examples and descriptions of a particular topic in order to explain, clarify, or justify it. The purpose of an illustration essay is to demonstrate a point through the use of examples. The main goal of this type of essay is to show the reader how something works or what it looks like, rather than tell them. The illustration essay should be composed of short, concise sentences and illustrated with accurate examples and descriptions.
The illustration essay consists of three main parts: the introduction, body, and conclusion. The introduction introduces the topic and gives a brief overview of what will be discussed in the body. The body is where you explain your examples and descriptions in detail. The conclusion summarizes the main points of the essay and provides a summary of what has been discussed.
When writing an illustration essay it is important to remember to use accurate examples and descriptions that are relevant to the topic at hand. It is also important to stay focused on one main point throughout the entire essay. When it comes to proofreading, it is essential to do multiple passes of the illustration essay to ensure that all errors have been corrected.
For those who are unsure of their illustration essay writing skills, there is a convenient option: do my essay services. These services provide assistance from an experienced writer who will help review the work and ensure it meets all requirements for clarity and accuracy. The writers can also give feedback on how to best present the material in order to make it more effective and engaging. By taking advantage of these services, writers can increase the chances of getting a positive response to their illustration essay. The key is to find the right service that offers quality assistance.